Latest Instagrams
Saturday, 20 September 2014

September Glossybox | Karren Millen



For those of you that do not know what a Glossybox is, it is a monthly subscription box that will usually contain 5 beauty products, however sometimes I have had more than 5. The box costs only £10 pound in price and has products by brands such as: Sleek, Lancome, Clarins etc. 

This months box had an elegant look to it as it was designed by Karren Millen, so not the usual simple pink box. It is always exciting to have this come to your door each month, unfortunately this is my last box for the time being, but we can hope I carry on getting them. 

I feel kinda cheeky writing this post as I have only tested a few of the items, forgive me. So as I said before their are 5 products:

ModelCo - MORE BROWS Fibre Gel -
"This innovative brush-on fibre gel gives the appearance of fuller, 
thicker brows instantly. " 

I completely forgot I tried this product, but it may be pointless me using it anyway, because you rarely see my eyebrows due to my fringe. I'm also currently growing my eyebrows out to get them waxed. However, I did indeed use this product and felt it may have made my eyebrows look a bit too thick or it was too dark, I couldn't tell properly as it was a late evening ? But maybe I just wasn't applying it properly, but personally it just didn't work well for me. However, I am gonna blame the fact that my eyebrows look silly anyway at the moment, so maybe it just highlighted that ? 

L' Oreal Professional - Mythic Masque-
" This Masque is designed to intensely nourish and replenish the hair, 
for an effortlessly glossy-looking result."

I haven't had the chance to try this yet unfortunately, but I will try and maybe keep you posted if I feel it worked well. But I must say the product smells wonderful.  For this product you are supposed to apply it to towel-dried hair and leave in for 3 minutes before rinsing. This product should leave your hair looking shiny and a 'airy touch'.

SkinPep - Enzyme and Acid Peel and Peeling Gel -
" This highly effective peeling gel uses pineapple and papaya extracts 
to create gently exfoliated, soft and bright skin."

I literally just used this product about 20 minutes ago and I must say without a doubt it's the nicest product i've ever used. The first one I used was for my face and my god my skin has never felt so soft in my life and it looked so bright. It has given me so much better confidence of my skin, even though I have a bit of acne. 
The only downside is the price, which I do not want to repeat it. If you do have money I would highly recommend this product or even just use a sampler. 

This product also came with an under eye dark circle remover, which obviously did not get rid of it completely, but I could definitely notice a difference. My under eyes are terrible, but with this product I noticed a difference within 5 minutes ( maybe less). 

Nails Inc - Westminster Bridge Matte Top Coat - 
" The matte effect top coat gives you two very different looks for every one of your nail polishes. The perfect way to add a unique twist to your favourite shades." 

I used this product with my Yves Rocher nail polish in 'Vernis', this is a pale pink tone. They actually worked very well together. I've used matte nail polish before but never one as good as this one, the good thing is it's fast drying, which it didn't actually state. If you know me, you'll know how impatient I am when it comes to painting nails, so this works fabulous for me.

Vichy - Normaderm Night Detox and Hydrating Care -
"Use this around the clock routine to target adult blemishes." 

The last product I got was from Vichy, which is quite annoying as I got another item similar to this by Vichy in my last glossybox, which is something I don't really need. But i guess I could just give it to a friend or my Mum or something? 

In my opinion this box wasn't the best box I got but still had products that suited me well. If you haven't already it would mean the world to me if you check out my YouTube video on this and subscribe to my channel, if you have a channel too let me know, we could be YouTube buddy's ;)

Speak soon
Saffy x





4 comments:

  1. Great stuff and the box design is beautiful. Lovely blog here btw! Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment. Following back on GFC #46 Please keep in touch. xoxo

      Delete
  2. This box sounds like one I'd love, as I don't have that Nails Inc hsade and love anything from the mythic oil range :)
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. The contents look lovely. I'd love to receive a Glossybox but I wouldn't like spending money on products with a chance of me not liking them! X
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest pins